Wednesday 5 May 2010

Welcome!

Welcome! As I've said life is all about how you see the world! And this blogg is going to be how I see life . . . One big journey! Will you walk with me a while?

Last year I came across a quote that has stayed with me: 
"Life is a journey, God is my guide, we travel together side by side"

It's not always easy and it certainly doesn't always feel like God is beside me, when things go wrong, when challenges come up sometimes it can feel like I'm walking alone. But feelings can't always be trusted! I know that God promises to never leave me, even in the tough times, even when I feel lost and alone and like I don't know where I'm heading. God's there, every step of the way! And sometimes we just need reminded of that!

I feel like I'm in a place right now where God is reminding me of that. Reminding me that I have to put Him first. Reminding me that I have to trust Him. I don't really know where I'm heading just now, and I don't really know why, but I know that I have to depend on Him or I won't make it! Things are tough just now. I don't have direction, or a plan for the future, and it seems like most things I think I know are being shaken up! Relationships aren't right, people aren't who I thought they were, things aren't going to my plan, even things that I know are good are difficult! But . . .  I know that God will be using all of this for good. There's things I have to learn, things I have to change, and then one day I know that I will get to reflect on what God has taught me through the tough stuff!

Gemma, my Gem of a mother figure, tells me in the tough times not to look at situations and problems but just to focus on God. And hard as it is,  I know she's right! Looking at all the things that aren't right gets me down and the only thing that will keep me going is God, His work and keeping focused on Him. Don't let the enemy distract you with what isn't right in your life, just refocus on God and battle on through with Him. Gem is right as usual!

Time to go refocus!


No comments: